Wednesday, September 1, 2010

FORMER FALCON JAMES CROWDER SIGNS DEAL WITH IRELAND’S TOP LEAGUE

MISENHEIMER, N.C. – A recent graduate of the Pfeiffer University men’s basketball program has signed a professional contract to play ball in Ireland’s Super League, the highest league level in Ireland. James Crowder, from nearby High Point, inked a deal with UCD-Marian out of Dublin playing under head coach Frank Ryan.

The Super League runs from October to March with games every other Sunday amongst the 10 teams. UCD-Marian struggled in 2009-2010 and will look for Crowder’s immediate impact competing in the league’s North Conference. Quotes from both Crowder and Falcon basketball head coach Jeremy Currier are featured below.
CROWDER’S QUOTE

“It’s truly a blessing to get the opportunity to play basketball overseas, and I wouldn’t have made it this far without the Lord’s blessing me and placing coaches in my life that pushed me to my limits to make me better. I can look back on things now and say that attending Pfeiffer University was the best decision that I could have made. I was surrounded by coaches who demanded only the best from me, and played alongside a group of guys who wanted to win games every night.”
CURRIER’S QUOTE

“James Crowder is one of the finest young men to come through our program. During his time at Pfeiffer, we saw James turn in to a hard worker that was a good teammate, and leader on and off the court. James continues an incredible tradition of Falcon players leaving Misenheimer and continuing on in basketball at the professional ranks. Coach Frank Ryan and the UCD-Marian basketball team is getting a terrific basketball player and an even better person. The Falcon basketball program is extremely proud of James and wishes him the absolute best in his professional career.”